The Sea Gate Women’s Club meets the 2nd Wednesday of every month at 1:30 PM in the Marina Annex (unless otherwise noted). Our calendar year runs from September through May, taking the summer off. Every other month we treat ourselves to lunch out at an area restaurant. Our annual membership is $15, which is waived for new residents during their first year.
Officers beginning September 2018 are:
- President – Kay Coole
- VP – Judi Price
- Treasurer – Diane Jaranyi
- Secretary – Leslie Overby
The Women’s Club strives to help beautify our community as well as coordinate events to promote community spirit. Specifically:
Planning and Maintaining Sea Gate Garden Areas.
Maintaining the Community Playground.
- During the past years we funded our community playground. It took several years to see this come to fruition and we thank everyone who contributed and especially thank the Sea Gate Men’s Club for putting it all together!
Planning Community Activities and Parties.
- During the year we partner with the Sea Gate Men’s Club, coordinating parties for the children and adults. Halloween is the event that is always well attended by the children, and the Adult Christmas Party has been a big hit. The last few years we have added a Golf Cart Parade with a prize awarded for the best dressed cart.
Martha’s Mission Food Drive
- We have a Food Drive every year in November to benefit Martha’s Mission.
- We update our community directory every 2 years, the last being 2018.
Community Yard Sale
- Our next yard sale is scheduled for April 27, 2019. Our yard sales have proved to be very successful. For reservations and a nominal fee, the Women’s Club coordinates extensive advertising, provides maps to customers and places balloons on mailboxes of those participating.
For more information, contact Kay Coole (919) 368-9054. All Sea Gate women are welcome so please come join us and bring your ideas!