The Sea Gate Women’s Club meets the 2nd Wednesday of every month at 1:30 PM in the Marina Annex (or occasionally lunch out or sometimes evenings). Our calendar year runs from September through May. Our annual membership is $15, which is waived for new residents during their first year.
Officers for the fiscal year 2021-2022 are:
- President – Kay Coole
- VP – Jan Ramsey
- Treasurer – Diane Jaranyi
- Secretary – Leslie Overby
The Women’s Club strives to help beautify our community as well as coordinate events to promote community spirit. Specifically:
Planning and Maintaining the Sea Gate Community Playground
- Over the past several years we funded our community playground. We are very proud of our accomplishments and thank everyone who contributed especially the Sea Gate Men’s Club for putting it all together.
Planning Community Activities and Parties.
- During the year we partner with the Sea Gate Men’s Club, coordinating not just parties for the children and adults but also fund raising activities. Halloween is the event that is always well attended by the children, and the Adult Christmas Party has been a big hit. The last few years we have added a Golf Cart Parade with a prize awarded for the best dressed cart and an Easter Egg Hunt for kids.
- We update our community directory every 2 years.
Community Yard Sale
- We sponsor a yard sale every two years, the last one held in April 2021. Our yard sales have proved to be very successful. For reservations and a nominal fee, the Women’s Club coordinates extensive advertising, provides maps to customers and places signs in the front yards of all participants.
- Every year in November we have a food drive to benefit Martha’s Mission.
- Contribute available funds to Beaufort and/or Mill Creek Fire Departments in appreciation for all they do to Support Sea Gate
- Adopt students for Christmas and Easter